Work for KE
Marketing Co-ordinator - Vacancy
"This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about travel and the outdoors to work with one of the original innovators of adventure travel."
Established in 1984, KE Adventure Travel is one of the World's leading independent adventure tour operators operating trekking, discovery, climbing, cycling, family & school adventure holidays worldwide. Our office is based in the small town of Keswick which is located in the heart of the Lake District National Park.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our busy marketing team. The ideal candidate will be a marketing graduate with some advertising and web marketing exposure. We want someone who is confident and cheerful, reliable, committed, ambitious and conscientious with a can do, sleeves-up attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about travel and the outdoors to work with one of the original innovators of adventure travel.
2 May 2013
As part of our team you will be responsible for the growth of the marketing presence of KE Adventure Travel. You'll be in charge of seeking out and managing strategic partnerships, looking after PR, travel writers, coordinating special promotions, local events and responding to media inquiries. You'll manage online partners and research options for new referring sites and links. We will expect you to capitalize on new market opportunities. There will also be a close working relationship alongside our sales team who have challenging targets to meet. There will also be a close ties with our website team and the chance to be part of developing a new responsive website.
- Aid in development of an effective marketing strategy for KE
- Responding to PR and journalist requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Assisting the Marketing Director with ad hoc campaigns
- Assisting in copywriting and proof reading of marketing material
- Website content and maintenance
- Assisting in development of new responsive website
- Specialist magazine advertising - negotiating prices & monitoring invoices
- Coordinating all artwork on time and within schedule
- Liaising with KE marketing partners
- Building relationships with third parties; excellent communication skills essential
- Monthly e-mail newsletter
- Creating and implementing possible SEO, PPC and online marketing campaigns
- Ongoing development of Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
- Provide support & assistance in the development of key events, such as travel shows
- Source & work with external suppliers for the development and production of marketing materials/tools
- Analysis of market trends and competitor analysis
- Assisting with the production of sales material
- Some marketing admin and assistance
- Other duties as required
- Marketing degree
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Ability to write good copy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding personal organisation
- Ability to work on own and within a team
- Creative and innovative with the talent to solve problems
- Marketing experience across most marketing channels
- Strong background in social media marketing
- Experience of Adobe Photo Shop and related tools
- Experience in web design
- Well travelled
A genuine passion for travel and the outdoors is needed
A normal working week is 9 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 5.00 pm Friday, with half an hour off for lunch, 39.5 hours over 5 days per week.
£19,000 - £22,000 plus bonus, negotiable on experience
How to apply:
Email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you have to offer KE and why you think you are suitable for the job to:
It would be beneficial to include links to recent digital marketing campaigns, websites, blogs, and/or social media examples that you have worked on, including any professional writing samples
16th June 2013 - Although this is the closing date, applications will be considered upon receipt. We would prefer to receive applications as far in advance of the closing date as possible. Please note that we will not be able to respond to all applications, but will make contact with those candidates selected for interview at the closing date.