Backwaters and Beaches of Kerala
India, Discovery, 12 days - from £945 (land only) - from €1,325 (land only) - from $1,540 (land only)
- A professional English-speaking local leader
- Airport transfers on day 1 and day 12
- All land transport required by the itinerary
- Specialist local guides as required
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Park and monument entrance fees
- Kathakali show and tea museum entrance fees
- A guided sightseeing tour in Kochi
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers other than specified
- Indian Visa
- Tips for local staff
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Boat ride on Periyar Lake
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
Breakfasts and dinners are included in the holiday price from dinner on day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to breakfast on day 12. The stay on the houseboat is on full-board basis and lunch is provided on this day. Since it makes sense on a tour of this nature to occasionally skip lunch or to take snacks at any time during the day, we have not included the cost of any other lunches in the price of the holiday. You will pay directly for any lunches or snacks other than on the houseboat and we recommend a budget around £50 should adequately cover your expenditure on lunches.
The group will have a total of 10 nights in good standard hotels and 1 night in a very comfortable houseboat. All accommodation is allocated on a twin-sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending upon availability it may be possible to arrange single rooms for the hotel nights. For hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.