Mount Kinabalu & The Best of Borneo
Borneo, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £1,795 (land only) - from €2,515 (land only) - from $2,990 (land only)
- A professional English speaking local leader
- Internal flights and airport transfers
- Airport transfers in Miri and Kota Kinabalu (on group days only)
- Accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as described in the meal plan
- All transport involved in the itinerary including the ferry from Limbang to Kota Kinabalu
- Whilst trekking a full service including food and all equipment is included
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Airport transfers for non-group days
- Tips for local staff
- Some meals as described in the meal plan
- Camera fees at Orangutan Sanctuary / Gomantong Caves / Poring Canopy Trail
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
The following meals are included: All breakfasts, 10 lunches, and 8 dinners. During the trip there are 5 dinners and 3 lunches not included in the trip price. (please refer to the itinerary for details). In each of case there is a range of dining options available and we leave the choice to you.
The group will spend 1 night in Miri in a tourist class hotel, 1 night in lodge accommodation in Mulu, 2 nights in a basic jungle shelter at Camp Five (simple huts with raised wooden platforms for sleeping), and 1 night in a communal room in a new concrete longhouse at Rumah Penghulu Sigah or Rumah Bala Lasong ate Mendalam River. The group will also have 1 night in a basic hotel in Limbang and 3 nights in a good standard tourist class hotel in Kota Kinabalu. In the Sukau Wildlife Sanctuary, we spend 2 nights at a comfortable riverside lodge with twin rooms and en-suite facilities. The lodge below Kinabalu has a mix of twin-share cabins and bunkhouse accommodation and the mountain lodge at Laban Rata has basic rooms accommodating 4-10 people. For single travellers, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex, wherever twin-sharing rooms are to be used. Depending on availability it may be possible to book single room accommodation for 9 nights. For Hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.