The Salt Plains and Volcanoes of Bolivia
Bolivia, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £1,695 (land only) - from €2,375 (land only) - from $2,740 (land only)
- An English-speaking local tour leader
- 1 or more local climbing guides to assist with the Acotango ascent
- La Paz Airport transfers (on group arrival and departure dates)
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Motor boat on Titicaca
- Entrance fees
- Internal flight from La Paz to Sucre
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as described in the Meal Plan
- A full service when camping including all equipment (excluding personal equipment)
- Porters and/or baggage animals to carry luggage to high camps
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Bolivian airport departure tax (if applicable)
- La Paz Airport transfers other than on group arrival and departure dates
- Some meals as described in the Meal Plan
- Tips for trek staff
- Miscellaneous personal expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All breakfasts, 10 lunches and 8 dinners are included in the trip price. Where there is a wide range of dining options available it makes sense to leave this choice to you and we have not included meals other than breakfasts while in La Paz, Sucre, Potosi and Uyuni. All other meals are included. Clients will be expected to pay for their own meals (other than breakfast) whilst in these cities. In practice this is a total number of 6 dinners and 2 lunches and you can typically expect to pay US$15 to US$25 per meal including wine.
During this trip the group will spend 3 nights at a comfortable hotel in La Paz, 1 night at an ecolodge on the Isla del Sol, 2 nights at a hostal in Potosi, 1 night at a hotel in Uyuni, 1 night in Tahua, 1 night in Sabaya, 2 nights at a hostal in Sajama Village and 1 night at a lodge in Tomarapi. With the exception of the simple lodge ar Sabaya, all accommodation has en-suite toilet facilities. The group will also spend 1 night in a tent at the high camp we use when climbing Tunupa. On the nights we stay in hostals in Sabaya and Sajama, you may find your sleeping bag useful to augment the bedding provided. Most accommodation is based on twin sharing and if you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Subject to availabilty It is possible to arrange single rooms for most of the hotel and lodge nights at supplementary cost. Note that it is not possible to arrange single tent occupancy on the camping night. Additional hotel nights in La Paz are also available.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.