Red Hot Chile - Trek the Atacama Desert
Chile & Bolivia, Trek & Walk, 11 days - from £1,895 (land only) - from €2,655 (land only) - from $3,060 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking local leader
- Single timed airport transfers
- All accommodation as described
- Meals as outlined in the Meal Plan
- Once on trek a full service including food and all equipment (excluding personal equipment)
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tips for trek staff
- Calama Airport transfers (other than group transfers)
- Departure tax (if applicable)
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners are included in the holiday price. When staying in San Pedro, with access to a wide choice of dining options and budgets, it makes sense to leave the choice to you. We therefore have not included all meals while staying in San Pedro de Atacama. You should allow approximately $15 - $20 per meal for a total of 3 lunches and 2 dinners.
During this trip the group will spend 5 nights at a pleasant hotel in San Pedro de Atacama, a wonderful laid-back town with a stunning backdrop and relaxed feel. Here we will stay in charming wood and adobe cabin-like rooms with terraces, nestled in a fruit orchard. There are also 3 nights camping and 2 nights spent in a basic mountain refuge on the trip. All accommodation is based on twin sharing (except in the refuge where the rooms may be mixed sex and typically accommodate 4-8 people). If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. For the 5 hotel nights, single rooms are available for a supplementary cost. Whilst camping, single tents are available for a supplementary cost. Additional hotel nights in San Pedro de Atacama are also available. For Hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website. Hotels are subject to availability and prices may vary.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.