Bhutan's Chomolhari Trek and the Thimpu Festival
Bhutan, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £2,495 (land only) - from €2,995 (land only) - from $4,115 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking local leader plus support crew
- Kathmandu Airport transfers
- Bhutan flights and transfers
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- All meals
- Guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
- A full service on trek including food and all equipment (excluding personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Nepalese and Bhutanese visa costs
- Departure taxes on leaving Kathmandu and Bhutan (if applicable)
- Tips for drivers and trek staff
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 15.
This trip has 2 nights in Kathmandu, one en route to Bhutan and one on the return journey. We use a comfortable, centrally located hotel of at least 3 star standard. In Bhutan, we use a good standard of hotel accommodation at Paro and for the nights in Thimpu while we attend the festival. Whilst on trek there are 6 nights camping. All accommodation is allocated on a twin sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. It is possible to hire a single tent while on trek for an additional cost. (Please note single tent hire does not include single rooms in hotels). It is also normally possible to book a single room for the 2 hotel nights in Kathmandu, or extra nights if you plan to arrive early or depart later than the group trip dates (subject to availability). In Bhutan, single rooms are much more difficult to pre-book. However, if there is availability, single rooms for the hotel nights in Paro can be arranged at an additional cost. Please note that it will not be possible to book single rooms in Thimpu during the festival. For Single tent hire costs, Single room Supplements and additional hotel night costs please refer to the dates and prices section of the trip page on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.