Classic Haute Route - High Alpine Trekking
France & Switzerland, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £1,895 (land only) - from €2,275 (land only) - from $3,125 (land only)
- Professional guide or guides on a 1:6 ratio
- Hotel or chalet accommodation in Argentiere for 1 night and in Zermatt for 1 night
- Mountain refuge or gite accommodation for 11 nights
- All cable car fees
- All meals except lunches and last night dinner in Zermatt.
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Lunches and last nights dinner in Zermatt
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals except lunches are included in the trip price. Packed lunches or hill-food can be bought in the huts. On most days there will also be the possibility of having a hot lunch either at a hut encountered on route or a late lunch taken at our overnight halt. Depending on your choice you should allow (10 - 20 or CHF15 - 30) per lunch.
During this trip the group will spend 1 night in a group hotel in Chamonix Valley and 1 night in a hotel in Zermatt. Whilst in the mountains, there are 11 nights spent in mountain huts or similar accommodation (gites). Accommodation throughout the trip is on a non-segregated, dormitory-style basis. In the high mountain huts washing facilities are limited. Single rooms are not available.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.