Dharamsala and the Dalai Lama
India, Trek & Walk, 10 days - from £895 (land only) - from €1,120 (land only) - from $1,505 (land only)
- A professional English-speaking local leader
- Delhi Airport transfers on group arrival and departure days
- All land transport involved in the itinerary including overnight sleeper train
- Use of shared day rooms in Delhi on group arrival and departure days
- 3 nights hotels and lodges
- 2 nights sleeper train 4 nights camping
- All meals throughout the trip
- Full trekking service with food and all equipment (excluding personal equipment).
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Delhi Airport transfers if arriving earlier or departing later than the group days
- Indian Visa
- Tips for trek staff
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included.
The group will have the use of 'day rooms' at a conveniently located hotel in Delhi at the beginning and the end of the holiday. We will have 1 night at a basic hotel or lodge in Mclead Ganj, 1 night in a restored private house near Andretta and 1 night at Judge Court World Heritage Village. In addition, there are 2 nights in air conditioned sleeper accommodation on the overnight trains between Delhi and Pathankot. On trek there will be a total of 4 nights camping. All accommodation is allocated on a twin-sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. It is possible to hire a single tent while on trek for an additional cost (please note single tent hire does not include single rooms in hotels). Depending upon availability it may be possible to arrange single rooms for the hotel nights. Please contact the KE office for a quote if you wish to do this.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.