Bernese Oberland Haute Route - East
Switzerland, Trek & Walk, 8 days - from £1,295 (land only) - from €1,815 (land only) - from $2,160 (land only)
- Professional IFMGA qualified guide(s) on a 1:6 ratio
- Group mountaineering equipment
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Transfers required by the itinerary (except airport transfers)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All breakfasts and 6 dinners are included in the trip price. Packed lunches and snacks can be bought in the huts. On some days there will also be the possibility of having a hot lunch either at a hut encountered on route or a late lunch taken at our overnight halt. You should allow around CHF15 for a packed lunch from the hut or CHF 20 -30 for a hot lunch. Most groups prefer to choose a restaurant for the final evening meal in Interlaken and we have therefore not included this meal in the price of your holiday. We suggest 30 - 40 Swiss Francs should be sufficient to cover this meal.
During this trip the group will have a total of 2 nights in simple hotel accommodation in Kandersteg and Interlaken. Whilst in the mountains, there are 5 nights spent in mountain huts or similar accommodation. Accommodation throughout the trip is on a non-segregated, dormitory-style basis. In some high mountain huts, washing facilities are limited. Single rooms are not available.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.