Ecuador's Volcano Triple Crown
Ecuador, Climbing, 16 days - from £1,845 (land only) - from €2,585 (land only) - from $2,980 (land only)
- English speaking local leader
- Qualified mountain guides (1:2 guide/clients) on Cayambe Cotopaxi and Chimborazo
- All accommodation as described
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- A full trek service including cooks baggage animals and all equipment (excluding personal equipment) required for the 3 day trek in the Cotacachi-Cayapus National Reserve
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for local staff
- Airport transfers other than group transfers
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
All breakfasts, 11 lunches and 9 dinners are included in the holiday price. In Quito and Riobamba there is a wide range of dining options (and budget choices) and we have therefore not included the cost of meals in the holiday price (other than breakfasts) while staying in these towns, preferring to leave the choice to you. Clients will pay directly for a total of 4 lunches and 6 dinners. We suggest you budget between $7 and $20 for each of these meals.
During this trip the group will spend a total of 6 nights in comfortable tourist standard hotels in Quito and Riobamba and a total of 4 nights in more basic hosteria accommodation in the small towns or villages of Tumbabiro, San Clemente and nearby Cotopaxi following the ascent. Accommodation here will have hot showers but these will not necessarily be ensuite. During the trek in the Cotacachi-Cayapas there are 2 nights wild camping and during the ascents of Cayambe, Cotopaxi and Chimborazo we spend a total of 3 nights in mountain huts. All accommodation except the huts is on a twin-share basis. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. In the mountain huts the accommodation is in dormitory beds. It is possible to book a single tent for the 2 nights camping at an extra cost. (please note single tent hire does not include hotel rooms). Depending on availability, it may also be possible to pre-book single rooms for the 10 nights that you spend in hotels and lodges. For hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website. Hotels are subject to availability and prices may vary.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.