Not long to go now. Only 18 days before departure, how quick has the last 12mths gone!! Really can not wait to get this adventure underway. More so now that I am raising money for two fantastic and deserving cancer charities. Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research and The Glan Clwyd Cancer Centre. For more info about my fundraising and the other TWO challenges I have set myself, please visit www.1234challenge.co.uk
If I am able to get a signal in the Himalaya mountains, I will add some more post's and keep you all updated with my progress. Wish me luck, and thanks for following my blog ;-)
On the 30th March I will be setting off on KE's EVEREST THE HARD WAY TREK which is a 22 day trek through the Himalaya's ending up at Mt Everest base camp.
Then 20 days after I return home (Sunday 12th May), I will be doing a 70 mile mountain bike ride from the summit of Snowdon to the summit of Moel Famau in Flintshire.
Then 14 days later (Sunday 26th May) I will be running the Bupa Manchester 10K.
The two charities I am raising money for are ones that are very close to my heart at the moment. Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research and The Glan Clwyd Cancer Centre at Glan Clwyd Hospital in St.Asaph. The KE trek was something I have always promised myself from an early age, and the details of why can be found on my website www.1234challenge.co.uk.
The reason for fundraising is, a few months after I booked my trip of a lifetime, my fiancée’s brother's partner Paula was diagnosed with Leukaemia. As you can imagine this was a very traumatic and upsetting time for the whole family. Paula underwent a program of treatment that seemed to be successful. Then in January It came back. After what had been a great Christmas, the whole family was once again turned upside down. Throughout ALL of this, Paula has been just the most courageous and amazing person I have known. She has gotten on with life on a day to day basis as if nothing was wrong and is always jolly and has a smile on her face. Paula and David were planning on getting married in 2015 but due to Paula's circumstances the have decided to bring their wedding forward to as soon as possible. The heartbreaking thing for me is, the soonest date the could get is April the 5th. I will be in Thame in the Himalaya's on this day and will miss their special day.