Himalayan Adventure - Nepal Family Holiday
Nepal, Family, 12 days - from £1,295 (land only) - from €1,750 (land only) - from $2,165 (land only)
- An experienced English speaking local leader
- Kathmandu Airport transfers
- The internal flight Kathmandu to Pokhara
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- All meals throughout the trip
- On trek the group will be assisted by porters and a local guide
- A guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
- Chitwan park fees and activities
- Cable-car excursion to the Manakamana Temple
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Nepalese Visa
- Tips for porters and other trek staff
- Miscellaneous personal expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included in the holiday price from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 12.
During this holiday the group will spend 3 nights in Kathmandu at a centrally-located tourist-class hotel with outdoor swimming pool. There are also 2 nights at a 3 star standard 'Lakeside' hotel in Pokhara and 2 nights at a hotel in Chitwan. Whilst on trek there are 3 nights in lodges and there is a further night at a similar establishment in Bandipur. All accommodation is on a twin sharing basis, although at some lodges only dormitory rooms may be available. The Nepalese trekking lodges also known as 'tea-houses' are simple, friendly and atmospheric. As they are far from the nearest road is it not surprising that they are simple establishments as everything must be carried up by porters or animals. Mostly these lodges have heated dining areas which are often attractively decorated. Accommodation is basic in unheated rooms with wooden beds and foam mattress. You will need a sleeping bag. The lodges have shared washing and toilet facilities. Some lodges have solar powered showers (charged at $2 - $3 per shower) and battery charging facilities (also charged at a rate per hour). Staying at the lodges is a great way to meet fellow hikers and the locals.
Usually in the hotels children of 11 years and under will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3 or a double with an extendable couch for a family of 4. Children over 12 years will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3, or have 2 rooms for a family of 4. We will do everything to ensure that you are happy with your rooming allocation.
Additional nights are available at the beginning and end of the holiday. Details of your first night's hotel together with an emergency number will be provided with your booking confirmation.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.