Family Holiday in Thailand - Bamboo and Buddhas
Thailand, Family, 11 days - from £845 (land only) - from €1,185 (land only) - from $1,380 (land only)
- A local English speaking KE leader (from day 1 to day 11)
- Internal flights and transfers
- Single timed airport transfers
- All accommodation as described
- Meals as described in the Meal Plan
- Any land transport involved in the itinerary including the overnight sleeper train to Chiang Mai
- Ferry to Ko Samet
- Guided sightseeing tours in Bangkok Chiang Mai and Nan
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Some meals as described in the Meal Plan
- Tips for trek staff
- Departure tax (if applicable)
- Miscellaneous expenses - souvenirs and drinks etc
All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 5 dinners are included in the holiday price. Where there is a wide range of dining options such as in Bangkok and Chang Mai, we have left the choice of type of experience and budget to you. You will pay directly for a total of 6 lunches and 5 dinners. Street food and meals in local restaurants are safe, tasty and inexpensive. It is possible to have a great meal for less than £1.00 per person (50 Tai Baht). It is also possible to pay up to £20 per person in a high end tourist restaurant, or a MacDonalds meal will cost approximately £3.00.
The group will spend 2 nights in Bangkok at a centrally-located hotel with air conditioning and pool, 2 nights in Chiang Mai at a centrally-located hotel with air conditioning and pool, 1 night in a tourist standard hotel in Kanchanaburi with a pool. We will spend 1 night sleeping aboard a jungle raft house. The floating houses are comfortable and attractive with twin rooms and a deck area for relaxing with hammocks. There is no electricity on the raft houses and at night the rooms, decks and communal areas are lit with hurricane lamps. During the jungle trek in Chiang Mai, we stay for 2 nights in village houses where the accommodation will be in basic dormitory rooms. With the exception of the 2 nights in village houses, all accommodation is arranged on a twin sharing basis although on occasion smaller children (aged under 11) may share rooms with parents.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.