Costa Rica Family Adventure Holiday
Costa Rica, Family, 14 days - from £1,495 (land only) - from €2,095 (land only) - from $2,420 (land only)
- An experienced English speaking local leader
- A single timed airport transfers
- Meals as per the meal plan
- All transfers on private vehicle or boat
- Boat trips in Tortuguero and over Lake Arenal
- White-water rafting at Sarapiqui
- Entrance fee to INBioparque
- Chocolate tour at La Tirimbina
- Sky Walk at Monteverde
- Entrance fees to the Manuel Antonio and other National Parks
- Zip wire at Hacienda Baru Eco Reserve
- Horse-riding to Nauyaca Waterfalls
- All other tours as described in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Departure tax on leaving Costa Rica (if applicable)
- Meals as per the meal plan
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Optional visits (e.g. Thermal hot springs at Arenal and optional activities at Manuel Antonio)
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 9 dinners are included. You should budget US$10 - $15 per meal not included.
During this holiday we stay in hotels, lodges and 1 night in a simple lodge in the rain forest.
We spend 2 nights in the centrally located hotel Hotel Aranjuez, in San Jose, with pleasant outside seating area. The hotel has many 'eco' qualities including encouraging recycling, using solar panels and ensuring lights etc are switched off in the rooms.
In Tortuguero we stay Rana Roja Lodge which is a series of simple wooden cabins built with access by a raised walkway in the forest. The cabins sleep upto 4 people with an en-suite bathroom. You may be woken in the morning by the howler or white-faced monkey, and see the blue morpho butterfly fluttering by!
Our lodge in Sarapiqui (1 night) is part of the Tirimbina Rainforest Center, an organisation created to conserve the rainforest and to provide environmental education and scientific research.
Our hotel in Arenal (1 night), Catarata Eco-lodge, has views of the volcano, and a swimming pool set in pleasant grounds.
In Monteverde we stay for 2 nights in Cala Lodge which is surrounded by the forest and has easy access to the attractions. They have standard rooms and family rooms.
Our hotel in Manuel Antonio for 2 nights is the Casitas Eclipse, has a swimming pool surrounded by palm tree filled gardnes, and pleasant airy rooms. It is on a hill, just 1 mile from the main beaches of Manuel Antonio.
In Dominical we stay for 2 nights at the Natuga Lodge, which is a short drive from the main beach. The hotel is situated in the forest, surrounded by gardens with a pool. The rooms are in individual cabins located in the grounds.
Our final night before returning to San Jose is at the Suria lodge, a small simple family run accommodation with individual cabins in the gardens. There are different sized cabins for different sized families.
As a general rule, children of 11yrs and under will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3 or a double with 2 extra beds for a family of 4. Children over 12 yrs will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3, or have 2 rooms for a family of 4. We will do everything to ensure that you are happy with your rooming allocation.
Additional hotel nights are available pre and post the holiday. Hotels are subject to availability and prices may vary.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.