Bollywood and Beaches - Family adventure in India
India, Family, 9 days - from £995 (land only) - from €1,245 (land only) - from $1,740 (land only)
- English-speaking local guide
- Single timed airport transfers
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- All land and sea transport required by the itinerary
- Entrance fees to parks and monuments required by the itinerary
- All activities and excursions mentioned in the itinerary (other than marked as optional)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport taxes (if applicable)
- Airport transfers other than group transfers
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Activities and excursions marked as 'optional'
- Tips for local staff
- Miscellaneous personal expenditure
All breakfasts and the lunch at the Spice Plantation are included in the holiday price. Also included in the farewell dinner, which we help prepare as part of our Goan cooking class. There is a wide range of dining options in Mumbai and also in Goa and for all other meals we have opted to give the choice of what to eat and how much to spend to you. It is possible to eat great food quite cheaply in India. There is a large range of restaurants selling more familiar foods as well as the familiar fast food outlets. As a rough guide we recommend you allow £5-8 per family member for lunches and £8-10 for dinners.
During this holiday there are a total of 7 nights in hotels in Mumbai and Goa and 1 night spent in an air conditioned class berth on a sleeper train. On the train the accommodation is normally in compartments of 4 berth - 2 up and 2 down. The hotel in Goa has a swimming pool. All hotel rooms are en-suite.
In the hotels children of 11yrs and under will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3 or a double with an extendable couch for a family of 4. Children over 12 yrs will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3, or have 2 rooms for a family of 4. We will do everything to ensure that you are happy with your rooming allocation. Additional nights are available at the beginning and end of the holiday. Details of your first night's hotel together with an emergency number will be provided with your booking confirmation.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.