Land of the Incas - Peru Family Adventure
Peru, Family, 12 days - from £1,895 (land only) - from €2,655 (land only) - from $3,155 (land only)
- A professional English-speaking local leader
- Airport transfers (on group arrival and departure days)
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described
- Meals as described in the Meal Plan
- Excursions as per the itinerary
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Entrance fees at Machu Picchu
- Inca Trail Permits
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tips for local guides and trek staff
- Airport departure taxes
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Optional activities (pottery and horse-riding)
- Miscellaneous personal expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
Where there is a wide range of dining options it is sensible to leave this choice to you. While staying in Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Cusco, Aguas Calientes and Puno dinner is not included in the holiday price. There is a total of 8 dinners and 2 lunches which are not included in the holiday price. You should budget $20 - $35 dollars per meal per person (including wine and/or soft drinks).
The group will have a total of 2 nights a jungle lodge in the Amazon Rainforest, 2 nights in a comfortable Tourist class hotel in Pisac, 1 night in a hotel in Ollantaytambo and 1 night in a hotel in Aguas Calientesm 2 nights in a hotel in Cusco, 2 nights in a hotel in Puno and 1 night in a homestay on Lake Titicaca. All accommodation is ensuite except for the homestay. During the homestay we will overnight with local families in a community-based project, where we may use twin or triple share rooms. These are simple, minimal rooms in the houses of the people of this village. Bathroom facilities are shared here at the homestay.
In the hotels children of 11yrs and under will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3 or a double with an extendable couch for a family of 4. Children over 12 yrs will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3, or have 2 rooms for a family of 4. We will do everything to ensure that you are happy with your rooming allocation. Additional nights are available at the beginning and end of the holiday. Details of your first night's hotel together with an emergency number will be provided with your booking confirmation.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.