Southern Spice - Family Holiday in Kerala
India, Family, 12 days - from £995 (land only) - from €1,245 (land only) - from $1,740 (land only)
- An English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Single timed airport transfer at Kochi and Trivandrum Airports are provided
- All overland transport and guided sightseeing tours using air-conditioned vehicles
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Sightseeing tour of Kochi
- Elephant ride in Thekkady
- Tea Factory visit
- Cookery demonstration
- Meals as per the Meal Plan
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Indian Visa
- Tips for guides and trek staff
- Optional activities
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals included from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 12.
During the holiday the group will spend two nights on arrival at a hotel in Kochi (Cochin). There is 1 night in at hotel at Guruvayur, 2 hotel nights in Munnar, 2 hotel nights with swimming pool in Thekkady close to the Periyar National Park, 1 night on a houseboat on the Kerala backwaters and 3 nights at a beach resort in Kovalam with swimming pool and situated next to the beach. All hotel accommodation is at 'Indian' 3 or 4 star standard. On the houseboat, accommodation will be in twin berth cabins with electricity, air conditioning, and shared toilet and shower.
Children of 11yrs and under will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3, or for a family of 4 have a double with 2 extra beds or 2 rooms. Children over 12 yrs will share with parents in a triple for a family of 3, or have 2 rooms for a family of 4. We will do everything to ensure that you are happy with your rooming allocation.
Additional hotel nights are available pre and post the holiday. Hotels are subject to availability and prices may vary.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.