Golden Hills of Burma
Burma, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £2,495 (land only) - from €2,995 (land only) - from $4,115 (land only)
- A local English speaking KE leader throughout
- Single timed Yangon Airport transfers on day 1 and day 14
- Internal flights and associated transfers
- Trekking service for 7 days including porters
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites (excluding museum fees)
- The ferry ride from Mandalay to Mingun
- Sightseeing tours in Yangon
- Bagan and in Mandalay
- All meals as described in the dossier
- Accomodation as described in the dossier
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Airport transfers except for the single timed group transfers on arrival and departure
- Visa fee
- Airport departure tax on leaving Yangon
- Tips for local staff including the trekking crew
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks etc.
All meals are included, from lunch on Day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to breakfast on Day 14.
Accommodation during the trip will be in a hotels for the visits to towns and cities, but simple village homestay-style accomodation on trek. There are a total of 7 nights in comfortable hotels and lodges; 2 nights in Yangon, 2 nights in Bagan, 1 night in Mindat, 1 night in Kampalat and 1 night in Mandalay. Whilst on trek there are 5 nights in basic sleeping bag accommodation in a mix of local homes, monastery quarters and village meeting rooms. Sleeping arrangements will be communal with several people sharing each room. Whilst facilities are basic, the unique experience will more than make up for any discomfort. In addition there will be 1 night spent camping (all eqiupment provided) on Mt Victoria. The hotel accommodation in Bagan, Mandalay and Yangon is in comfortable, tourist class establishments with twin sharing rooms and en-suite facilities. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending on availability, it is possible to book a single supplement for the trip. For hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.