The Route of the Conquistadores - Bike Guatemala
Guatemala, Bike - Fat Tyre, 15 days - from £1,545 (land only) - from €1,930 (land only) - from $2,575 (land only)
- A locally based US bike guide
- Single Guatemala Airport transfer Day 1 and Day 15
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- All meals
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Visas (if required)
- Tips for drivers and other staff
- Guatemala City airport transfers (other than single timed group transfers)
- Departure taxes (if applicable)
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
- Bike Carriage on the flights - please check with your carrier for charges
All meals included, from dinner on Day 1, to breakfast on Day 15..
During this trip the group will spend 3 nights in a comfortable and atmospheric tourist-class hotel in Antigua. Accommodation for the remainder of the trip will be in a mixture of local hosterias, posadas and hostels. These vary in standard from very basic (although best available in the area) through to excellent, such as the Casa del Mundo on the shores of Lake Atitlan where tourists are regularly catered for. In the Cuchumatanes, where foreign visitors are almost unknown, the available accommodation is basic. Most accommodation is on a twin-sharing basis, although on occasion we may have up to four in a room or a communal room. If you are travelling by yourself, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending on availability, it may be possible to pre-book single rooms for the nights that you spend in Antigua. For additional hotel prices and single supplement costs, please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website. Please note it is not possible to pre-book single rooms at any of the places we use outside of Antigua. You may be able to arrange a single room on arrival, depending on availability, and pay the difference to the trip leader.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.