High Tatras Trekking - The Carpathian Mountains
Poland, Trek & Walk, 8 days - from £645 (land only) - from €775 (land only) - from $1,065 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader
- A second local guide on the ascent of Ryzy for groups of 10 or more
- Single Krakow Airport group transfers on Day 1 and Day 8 of the holiday itinerary
- All other road transport (including public transport) within the holiday itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the holiday dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers (other than group transfers)
- Tips for local staff
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
7 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners are included in the holiday price. Where there is a wide variety of dining options we have not included these meals in the price preferring to leave the choice of where to eat and the budget for these meals to you. We recommend that you allow from £7 to £20 for each of these meals for a total of 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
During this trip the group will spend 1 night in a pension in Zakopane and 1 night in a hotel in Krakow. Accommodation in these places is twin sharing with either en-suite or shared facilities. There are also 5 nights staying in huts which are mostly maintained by the Mountaineering Association of Slovakia. These are wooden or concrete structures usually with 4-6 bedded rooms or dormitory style with communal facilities which usually include restaurant area, toilets and showers. Hot water at these huts is usually provided by solar heating and in some huts may be available only for a limited period each evening. In the more inaccessible mountain huts, facilities will be more rudimentary. Sleeping bags are not required at the huts, as bed sheets and blankets are supplied. However, you may wish to carry a cotton or silk sheet sleeping bag.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.