Iceland - Trek the Land of Extremes
Iceland, Trek & Walk, 8 days - from £1,295 (land only) - from €1,620 (land only) - from $2,265 (land only)
- A professional English speaking Icelandic guide
- Overland transport including vehicle support throughout the trek
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- All camp and kitchen equipment
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers between Keflavik Airport and Reykjavik are not included
- The cost of showers at the mountain huts
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
All meals while on trek are included in the trip price. Clients will, however, be expected to pay for their own meals (other than breakfasts) whilst in Reykjavik.
During this trip the group will spend 2 nights in basic hotel or guesthouse accommodation, situated within a short walk of central Reykjavik. The accommodation here will be based on twin room sharing although it may be possible to book a single room at an additional cost. Whilst on trek we will be camping and will use 3-person tunnel tents for 2 persons. It is also possible to book a single tent for an additional cost. Most camping will be beside mountain huts which will have shower facilities available for a small charge. We do not use the mountain huts because they are regularly overbooked and crowded. We can get a better night's sleep in our tents. Additional hotel nights in Reykjavik are also available. For Hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website. Hotels are subject to availability and prices may vary.
An essential part of your holiday is participation in camp chores including erecting tents and packing up. Its all part of the adventure and if everyone puts in little effort the trip will run smoothly.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.