Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
Peru, Trek & Walk, 8 days - from £995 (land only) - from €1,395 (land only) - from $1,670 (land only)
- English-speaking local guide
- Airport transfers on group arrival and departure days
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Inca Trail Permit and entrance to Machu Picchu
- All camping equipment excluding personal equipment but including inflatable mattress
- Inca Trail trek crew including guides cook and porters
- All rail and road transfers (private vehicle for groups of 6 or more)
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for porters and other trek staff
- Cusco Airport transfers (other than group arrival / departure days)
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Airport departure taxes (if applicable)
- Miscellaneous personal expenses
All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners are included in the trip price. Where there is a wide range of dining options it makes sense to leave the choice of meals and budget to you and we have therefore not included lunches and dinners while staying in hotels in Cusco, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes). In practice this is a total of 1 lunch and 4 dinners which you will need to pay for directly. We recommend that you allow between US$10 and US$20 for each of these meals.
The group will spend a total of 4 nights in comfortable tourist class hotels with private bathroom in Cusco, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas calientes). There will also be a total of 3 nights wild camping. During the camping accommodation is in 2-person tents and the group will also have use of a dining tent with table and chairs and a toilet tent. All accommodation is based on two people sharing. If you are booking by yourself we will pair you with another individual traveller of the same sex to share accommodation. Depending on availability, single rooms are available at a supplementary charge.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.