Lake Titicaca to Machu Picchu Mountain Bike Tour
Peru, Bike - Semi Slick, 12 days - from £1,595 (land only) - from €2,155 (land only) - from $2,495 (land only)
- A local English-speaking bike guide
- A group transfer from Juliaca Airport on arrival and transfers to Cusco Airport on the final day
- All land transfers required by the itinerary
- One or more support vehicles
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- A full service when camping including all equipment (including Thermarest but excluding other personal equipment)
- Boat trip to Uros islands
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Guided sightseeing tour of Machu Picchu
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tips for support staff
- Airport transfers (other than as stated)
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous personal expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
- Bike Carriage on the flights - please check with your carrier for charges
Where there is a variety of dining options we have not included meals, leaving the choice of where to eat and how much to spend to you. All breakfasts are included and we provide 9 lunches and 7 dinners. Please see the detailed itinerary for details of which meals are included. You will need to pay for a total of 3 lunches and 4 dinners and we suggest you budget $15 - $40 dollars per meal (including wine or beer).
On arrival, the group will spend one night in a local 3-star tourist hotel in Puno and at the end of the trip will have one night in a local 3-star tourist hotel in Cusco. There is also a night spent in a tourist hotel in Pisac and in Aquas Calientes. At Llachon we will stay with local families in a new community-based project, where we may use twin or triple share rooms. These are simple, minimal rooms in the houses of the people of this village. At the alpaca centre in Pacomarca, we stay in a small hacienda in dormitory, bunk bed style rooms. For the 5 camping nights, we have a crew who assist with camp chores such as putting up and taking down tents. Occasionally, the group maybe asked to help with such tasks. Accommodation is usually allocated on a twin-sharing basis, although in some places the rooms may be dormitory style with more than 2 beds. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending on availability, it may be possible to book single rooms and tents occupancy at additional cost. Please note that in Llachon and Pacomarca single rooms may not be possible.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.