Mount Fuji and Beyond - Japan Walking Holiday
Japan, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £2,495 (land only) - from €3,120 (land only) - from $4,370 (land only)
- A professional English-speaking local leader
- A single timed group airport transfers (escorted by the leader on public transport)
- All other land transport involved in the itinerary
- Accommodation as described
- Activities and entrance fees to sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as described in the meal plan
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for hotel and other local staff
- Departure tax on leaving Tokyo (if applicable)
- Some meals as described in the meal plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All breakfasts are included. A total of 9 dinners are included. Lunches and packed lunches/snacks for the activity days are easily purchased locally. Japanese food is superb and there is a huge variety of food available and of top quality.
During this holiday the group will spend a total of 5 nights in Kyoto at a centrally-located tourist-class hotel. There is also 1 night in Tokyo where we stay at a tourist class hotel. We enjoy 2 nights in a traditional Japanese Ryokan in Takayama and 2 nights in Ryokan in Kamikochi, and a night in a comfortable hotel in Kawaguchiko. There are 2 nights in mountain huts, 1 at Nishihodaka and 1 night when climbing Mt Fuji. In the mountain huts accommodation is on mixed dormitory basis. Accommodation in hotels and Ryokans is on a twin (or sometime three or four person) sharing basis, with en-suite facilities. Traditional Ryokan are typically furnished with Tatami (straw mat) flooring, sliding doors and guests sleep on futons. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with other single clients of the same sex.
Depending on availability it may be possible to book single rooms for the hotel nights in Tokyo and Kyoto. For single supplement costs please refer to our website. Additional nights at the beginning and the end of your holiday are also available, please contact us for details. Details of your first night's hotel together with an emergency number will be provided with your booking confirmation.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.