Walking holiday on Japan's Nakasendo Trail
Japan, Discovery, 13 days - from £2,795 (land only) - from €3,355 (land only) - from $4,595 (land only)
- A professional English-speaking tour leader
- All accommodation as described
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Baggage transfer as indicated
- All entrance fees to museums and temples indicated on the itinerary
- Airport transfer from downtown Tokyo to Tokyo Narita Airport
What's Not Included
- Visas (if required)
- Airport transfers to Kyoto from Oskaka Kansai Airport
- Tips to local staff
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous personal spending soft drinks etc.
All breakfasts and 8 dinners are included in the holiday price. While staying in traditional Japanese accommodation (Minshuku, Ryohan or Shukubo), the evening meal is an integral part of the experience and these dinners are included in your holiday price. Apart from the welcome and farewell dinners in Kyoto and Tokyo respectively, we have not included evening meals while staying in these cities. In both Kyoto and Tokyo there is an exceptionally wide range of dining options and in this case it makes sense to leave the choice of what to eat and how much to spend to you. You will need to budget for a total of 3 dinners plus your lunches. In Kyoto and in Tokyo there are plenty of local eateries where you can have a full meal for around $10 - $15. Dinner in downtown restaurants will cost between $20 and $50. During lunch hours, many restaurants offer inexpensive teishoku (set menus) at around $10. Lunch boxes (bento), can be bought from convenience stores (konbini), train stations and also at temporary stands and these will cost between $5 and $15 depending on how elaborate they are. Snacks and trail food can also be bought in supermarkets and at shops in the post towns along the Nakasendo.