Kerala and the Western Ghats
India, Trek & Walk, 13 days - from £1,145 (land only) - from €1,375 (land only) - from $1,890 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking Indian tour leader
- Airport transfers on group arrival and departure days
- All overland transport and guided sightseeing tours using air-conditioned vehicles
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- All meals
- Entrance and hiking fees for the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entrance fees to monuments and other sites detailed in the dossier
- Full trekking service including and all equipment (excluding personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Indian Visa
- Tips for guides and trek staff
- Optional elephant ride in Kumili
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included in the trip price from breakfast on Day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to dinner on Day 12.
Throughout the trip, when staying in hotels and lodges, we will use a good standard of tourist class accommodation, with twin rooms. In addition to the 7 nights that we spend in hotels and lodges, there will be a single night in a houseboat or 'kettuvallom' on the Kerala backwaters. The boats we use have fully furnished twin-bedded rooms, as well as a balcony, sundeck and toilet and shower facilities. During our 4 nights camping, we will use spacious 2-person tents and the group will also have the use of a mess tent for dining and socialising. All accommodation is allocated on a twin sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.