Mountains and Marvels of Central Asia
Tajikistan & Uzbekistan, Trek & Walk, 15 days - from £1,395 (land only) - from €1,745 (land only) - from $2,330 (land only)
- A local English-speaking tour guide
- A single Dushanbe Airport transfer at the beginning of the trip
- A single Tashkent Airport transfer at the end of the trip
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- All meals are included as described in the Meal Plan
- A full trekking service with baggage transport by donkeys - a cook team - all food and all camping equipment (not personal equipment)
- Guided sightseeing in Tashkent Khiva Bukhara and Samarkand
- Entrance fees for monuments and museums
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Uzbekistan and Tajikistan visa fees
- Tips for local guides and support staff
- Fees for using a camera at some of the monuments in Khiva Bukhara and Samarkand
- Miscellaneous expenses - souvenirs and drinks etc
All meals are provided, from breakfast on Day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to dinner on Day 14.
During this trip the group will have access to rooms at a local 3 star hotel in Dushanbe for a couple of hours on the first morning. There will also be 2 nights in basic village guesthouse homestays in Chourmash and Artuch, 2 nights in a 3 star hotel in Tashkent, 2 nights in a guesthouse in Khiva, 2 nights in a guesthouse in Bukhara and 2 nights in a guesthouse in Samarkand. Whilst on trek there will be a total of 4 nights camping. Hotel and guesthouse accommodation is allocated on a twin-sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Note that the guesthouse accommodation in Chourmash and Artuch (2 nights) will be mixed dormitory style. It is possible to hire a single tent while on trek. (Single tent hire must be requested at least 8 weeks prior to departure and is dependent on availability. Please note single tent hire does not include single rooms in hotels). It is also possible to book single rooms at the hotels and guesthouses in Tashkent, Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand, but please note we are not able to make arrangements for hotels and transfers in Dushanbe.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.