Magic of the Canadian West

Canada, Discovery, 14 days - from $3,220 (land only)

DiscoveryTrek & Walk

Visa Information

Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)

Current to 14 March 2016

A passport (with at least 6 months remaining validity) is required.

Citizens of the US, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, and nationals of countries within the EU do not need a visa for visits to Canada up to 90 days.

From 15 March 2016

As of March 2016 all citizens (except for USA citizens) travelling to or transiting in Canada require at eTA – Electronic Travel Authorization. Travellers are able to apply online for the eTA for travel after 15 Mar 16. The eTA is valid for 5 years.

Applying for an eTa is an easy online process that will take just a few minutes. It costs $7 Canadian Dollars, and you require your passport that you will travel on, a credit card and an email address.

Passengers intending to travel via the USA, please note the following:

Your passport must have a machine readable bar code if you are transiting through the US. You must complete an online application form to travel to, or transit through the USA.

Under the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA), all travellers, including children, from the 27 countries under the US visa waiver programme will have to fill out an electronic travel authorization form online ( prior to boarding any US-bound aircraft or ship. You can also use this site to check whether your country is part of the visa waiver scheme.

You will be required to answer questions about criminal records, communicable diseases, past history of visa revocation or deportation, and basic biographical data such as name, birth date and passport information. Changes in address and itinerary can be made online after the ESTA form has been first submitted.

You will not be allowed to board any US bound aircraft without completing the online ESTA form.

If you have a criminal record (including criminal driving offences), you will be required to obtain a visa in advance of entering or transiting the USA.

We do keep our information up to date but be advised visa requirements are subject to change. It is recommended that you contact the relevant embassy or commission in the case of recent alterations.

NOTE: If you are travelling to both Canada and the USA you will require both an eTA for Canada and an ESTA for the USA.

Print Page
Book Holiday

KE Adventure Travel, Central Car Park Road, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5DF, England
tel +44 (0)17687 73966 USA/Canada Toll Free 1 888 630 4415

Privacy & Cookies Policy | Sitemap
Website by Accord