Traverse of the Jotunheimen of Norway
Norway, Trek & Walk, 9 days - from £1,395 (land only) - from €1,745 (land only) - from $2,440 (land only)
- An experienced English speaking Norwegian Mountain Guide
- Private transfer from Otta to Gjendesheim on arrival
- Transfer to Oslo city bus depo on departure
- 8 nights mountain refuge accommodation
- Meals as per the Meal Plan
- All specialist glacier equipment including ropes harnesses and crampons
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Train from Oslo airport to Otta on arrival
- Train from Oslo city bus depo to Oslo airport on departure
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are provided from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 9.
During this trip the group will spend 8 nights in mountain refuges. Some are operated by the Norwegian Tourist Board (DNT) and some are privately run. These are not basic establishments. They are fully staffed and serviced mountain lodges, providing dormitory accommodation, restaurant facilities, bar, lounge, drying rooms, metred showers and sometimes saunas. The dormitories are usually 4 in a room, however it is sometimes 2 or 6 people per room. They are normal separate female and male dormitories, however this cannot be guaranteed. The refuge at Spiterstulen even has a swimming pool. At some of the huts the showers are metered and are usually 10 or 20 NOK which gives you 5 or 10 mins hot shower water. Change is available for the showers at the huts, however you must have NOK currency. Sleeping bags are not required at the refuges, as bedding is supplied. However, you may choose to carry a cotton or silk sheet sleeping bag. Single accommodation is not available.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.