School Trek - Annapurna Sanctuary
Nepal, School Expeditions, 16 days - from £1,595 (land only) - from €2,235 (land only) - from $2,580 (land only)
- A KE Schools Leader
- An experienced English-speaking local leader
- Kathmandu Airport transfers
- Internal flights all land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- All meals
- Guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
- Full trekking service including all equipment (excluding personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Nepalese Visa
- Tips for porters and other trek staff
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included in the holiday price from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 14.
During this holiday the group will spend 2 nights in Kathmandu and 1 in Pokhara at centrally-located tourist-class hotels. Whilst on trek there are 10 nights spent in lodges/tea houses. The Nepalese trekking lodges also known as 'tea-houses' are simple, friendly and atmospheric. As they are far from the nearest road is it not surprising that they are simple establishments as everything must be carried up by porters or animals. Mostly these lodges have heated dining areas which are often attractively decorated. Bedrooms tend to be quite basic and are unheated with wooden beds and foam mattress. You will need a sleeping bag. The lodges have shared washing and toilet facilities. Some lodges have solar powered showers (charged at $2 - $3 per shower) and battery charging facilities (also charged at a rate per hour). Staying at the lodges is a great way to meet fellow hikers and the locals. Whilst most of the accommodation is arranged on a twin sharing basis, the lodges above Chhomrong have only dormitory style rooms with several beds. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with other group members of the same gender.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.