School Adventure - Orang-Utans & Kinabalu
Borneo, School Expeditions, 14 days - from £1,895 (land only) - from €2,655 (land only) - from $3,060 (land only)
- A qualified UK KE Schools leader
- Experienced English-speaking local guide
- Airport transfers in Miri and Kota Kinabalu
- Internal flights and associated transfers
- All transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- All meals
- A full service trek including all equipment (excluding personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for trek staff
- Miscellaneous personal expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included, from lunch od Day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to lunch on Day 14.
The group will spend 1 night in Miri in a tourist class hotel, 1 night in lodge accommodation in Mulu, 2 nights in a basic jungle shelter at Camp Five (simple huts with raised wooden platforms for sleeping), and 1 night in a communal room in a longhouse at Rumah Penghulu Sigah or Rumah Bala Lasong. The group will also have 1 night in a basic hotel in Limbang and 3 nights in a good standard tourist class hotel in Kota Kinabalu. In the Sukau Wildlife Sanctuary, we spend 2 nights at a comfortable riverside lodge with twin rooms and en-suite facilities. The lodge below Kinabalu has a mix of twin-share cabins and bunkhouse accommodation and the mountain lodge at Laban Rata has basic rooms accommodating 4-10 people.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.