School Adventure - Costa Rica Walks & Wildlife
Costa Rica, School Expeditions, 15 days - from £1,895 (land only) - from €2,370 (land only) - from $3,315 (land only)
- An experienced English speaking local leader
- A qualified UK KE Schools Leader
- A single timed airport transfers
- Meals as per the Meal Plan
- All transfers on private vehicle or boat
- Boat trips in Bahia Drake and Corcovado
- Entrance fees at the National Parks: Volcan Poas / Volcan Arenal / Volcan Rincon de la Vieja / Isla del Cano and Corcovado
- Visit of the private reserves at Los Campesinos and San Gerardo de Dota
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Departure tax on leaving Costa Rica (if applicable)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Optional visits (e.g. Thermal hot springs at Arenal and canopy tour)
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
All meals are included
During this holiday the group will spend 2 nights in a centrally located hotel in San Jose. We have 2 nights at lodges in Arenal. On 5 further nights we stay in a selection of small local hotels and lodges, all of which have relatively good facilities. When in Los Campesinos and El Copal we stay in rustic cabins with basic facilities. These 2 nights are in dormitory rooms of 4-6 people per room with shared bathroom facilities. In Corcovado we stay in simple lodge/cabin accommodation. The cabins are clean and have an en-suite toilet & shower. Each cabins accommodates 2 or 3 people. These are located on a small hill approx 100m walk from the beach. There is no electricity here although a generator is switched on every evening for a few hours. When it goes off we experience the total magic of darkness that only such a remote area can have. A torch/flashlight is essential! The showers here at the Corcovado lodge are not heated, but with the warm temperatures in this area this is not a problem for most. The ambience and wildlife surrounding these small simple accommodations in the remote locations far out weighs their rustic nature.
If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending on availability, it may be possible to pre-book single rooms for all nights except at Los Campesinos and El Copal. For additional hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.