School Trek - Everest Basecamp
Nepal, School Expeditions, 18 days - from £1,795 (land only) - from €2,515 (land only) - from $2,900 (land only)
- A qualified UK KE Schools leader
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- A free trek bag (approx 80L) for all group members Kathmandu airport transfers
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Guided sightseeing as indicated in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- All meals
- A full service trek including porters
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Nepalese Visa
- Tips for porters and other trek staff
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included in the price from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 18
During this trip the group will spend 3 nights in Kathmandu at a centrally-located tourist-class hotel. Whilst on trek there are 14 nights in lodges/tea houses. The Nepalese trekking lodges also known as 'tea-houses' are simple, friendly and atmospheric. As they are far from the nearest road is it not surprising that they are simple establishments as everything must be carried up by porters or animals. Mostly these lodges have a pleasant sitting / dining area which is often attractively decorated and usually there is a wood burner to warm the room. Bedrooms are generally unheated with wooden beds and foam mattress. You will need a sleeping bag. The majority of lodges have twin rooms but occasionally accommodation will be in dormitories. The lodges have shared washing and toilet facilities. Some lodges have solar powered showers (charged at £2 or £3 per shower) and battery charging facilities (also charged at a rate per hour). Hotel rooms are normally on a twin basis and you will be paired up with another group member of the same sex.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.