School Trek - Mount Kenya
Kenya, School Expeditions, 7 days - from £1,295 (land only) - from €1,815 (land only) - from $2,100 (land only)
You should apply for your visa in advance of arrival in Kenya via the e-visa portal, www.ecitizen.go.ke.
The procedure is as follows:
- Prepare in advance, a digital passport photograph, a scanned copy of the information page of your passport, a digital copy of your booking confirmation
- Register on eCitizen's website https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/
- Upload your digital passport photograph
- Select: "Department of Immigration Services," "Submit Application," "Kenyan Visa," "Apply for a Single Entry Visa"
- Carefully read the entry requirements and select: "Apply Now"
- Follow application directions and input your information
- Pay the processing fee
- Your eVisa will be processed and sent to you online at the email address you have provided
- Log in to your eCitizen account, download and print the approved eVisa
- Take this hard copy of the eVisa with you and present it along with your passport at your point of entry
The eVisa costs $52.28 USD, inclusive of a $1 service charge and $1.28 card handling fee. (please check this price before applying for your visa)
Note that a single entry visa is valid for reentry into Kenya from Tanzania and Uganda.
Note also that a current Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required for travel between Kenya and Tanzania.
Until September 1st 2015 it is also possible to get your Kenya visa on arrival at Nairobi Airport. You will need to fill in a form and supply one passport photo. The fee for a single entry visa is $50 and must be paid in cash. Sterling is accepted. After September 1st 2015, the facility to obtain Kenyan visa on arrival will be withdrawn.
We do keep our information up to date but please be advised visa requirements are subject to change. It is recommended that you contact the relevant embassy, commission or consulate in case of recent alterations.