Inside the Arctic Circle - Skiing the Kings Trail
Sweden, Ski Touring, 9 days - from £1,495 (land only) - from €2,020 (land only) - from $2,615 (land only)
- A professional English-speaking Swedish guide
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- All meals as described in the Meal Plan
- Single timed group Kiruna Airport transfers
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tips for local staff
- Ski equipment and boots and/or associated hire costs
- Miscellaneous expenses souvenirs etc.
All meals are included in the trip price, from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 9. Meals whilst skiing (other than at Abisko and Kebnekaise) will be prepared from preserved food via communal cooking, to be co-ordinated by the Guide.
During this trip, the group will spend 5 nights in basic mountain huts and 3 nights at "Mountain Stations" (Kebnekaise and Abisko) which have more facilities. Each of the mountain huts offers simple but comfortable accommodation. In the huts you will find a combined kitchen and day room, bedroom and drying room. Some huts even have a sauna. The biggest huts have spaces for about 90 people. Accommodation at the mountain huts is in dormitories. Pillows and blankets are provided. At the Abisko and Kebnekaise mountain stations, accommodation is in 2 bed and 4 bed rooms with shared toilet and shower facilities and communal seating areas. Each of the mountain stations also has a sauna, a restaurant and a bar. Single rooms are not available.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.