Kungsleden Trek - The Kings Trail of Sweden

Sweden, Trek & Walk, 9 days - from $1,620 (land only)

Trek & Walk

Country Profile

The Kings Trail in SwedenSki touring in Sweden


Sweden is one of a group of countries in Northern Europe (with Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Iceland) known collectively as Scandinavia. With a land mass totalling around 450,295 sq km, Sweden is the fifth largest country in Europe and the largest of the Scandinavian bloc. Sharing land borders with Norway to the west and Finland to the northeast, the country also has 3,218 km of coastline, much of it on the Baltic Sea. What remains faces the Gulf of Bothnia - a chilly stretch of sea, shared with Finland. To the south, Denmark is another near neighbour and is directly linked to the southern Swedish port of Malmo via the Oresund Bridge. With a population of just over nine million, most of whom inhabit the cities and the south, the vast majority (78%) of Sweden's enormous tracts of land are forested, while another 8% is covered in water. In the far north, Sweden's portion of Lapland extends well into the Arctic Circle, with the northernmost outpost of Swedish civilisation to be found in the tiny Lappish town of Treriksroset on the three way border between Finland, Norway and Sweden.

Time Zone

GMT +2hrs


Most people in Sweden speak excellent English and you will have no trouble communicating with local people. We do recommend that you take a pocket phrase book and learn some basics in the local language such as common greetings.


Sweden experiences extreme cold in the winter, particularly in arctic regions, and gentle heat in the summer with temperatures hitting highs of around 30 degrees celsius in the south. In mid winter there is only a few hours of daylight in the far north and in summer the sun only drops to the horizon.


The Swedish Krona is the currency of Sweden

Visa Requirements

A passport with 3 months remaining validity is required. Visas are not required by holders of passports of the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or any EU countries. Other nationalities should check with the respective consulate in their own country.

We do keep our information up to date but be advised visa requirements are subject to change. It is recommended that you contact the relevant commission in the case of recent alterations.


You should attend your own doctor and dentist for a check-up. No special vaccinations are required. Before travelling UK residents should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC is normally valid for three to five years and covers any medical treatment that becomes necessary during your trip, because of either illness or an accident. The card gives access to state-provided medical treatment only, and you'll be treated on the same basis as an 'insured' person living in the country you're visiting. Remember, this might not cover all the things you'd expect to get free of charge from the NHS in the UK. You may have to make a contribution to the cost of your care. You can obtain an EHIC from the Department of Health by phone, online, or at the post office.

Book Holiday

KE Adventure Travel, Central Car Park Road, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5DF, England
tel +44 (0)17687 73966 USA/Canada Toll Free 1 888 630 4415

Privacy & Cookies Policy | Sitemap
Website by Accord