Kungsleden Trek - The Kings Trail of Sweden
Sweden, Trek & Walk, 9 days - from £995 (land only) - from €1,395 (land only) - from $1,620 (land only)
- A professional English speaking Swedish guide
- Kiruna Airport transfers (on designated group flight)
- Accommodation in mountain huts for 7 nights on a full board basis
- Hotel accommodation in Kiruna for 1 night on a bed & breakfast basis
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Boat trips on Lake Alesjaure (July/Aug departures only) and Lake Ladtjojaure
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tips for local staff
- Kiruna Airport transfers (other than for designated group flights)
- Dinner on the last night
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc
All meals included except dinner on day 9 and lunch on day 10. Meals whilst hiking (other than at Abisko and Kebnekaise) are to be prepared from preserved food via communal cooking, to be co-ordinated by the Guide.
During this trip, the group will spend 4 nights in basic mountain huts, 3 nights at 'Mountain Stations' (Abisko and Kebnekaise) and 1 night at a hotel in Kiruna. Accommodation at the mountain huts will be in dormitories. Pillows and blankets are provided - you need only bring a sheet sleeping bag and pillowcase. All the huts have communal cooking areas, although there is no electricity or running water. At the mountain stations, which are more like a mountain lodge, accommodation will be in 2 bed and 4 bed rooms or chalets with shared toilet and shower facilities and seating areas. Accommodation at the huts and 'Mountain Stations' is communal. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with other clients of the same sex, where this is practicable. Single room accommodation is not possible on this trip.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.