School Trek - Kerala and the Western Ghats
India, School Expeditions, 13 days - from £1,395 (land only) - from €1,745 (land only) - from $2,330 (land only)
- A qualified UK KE Schools leader
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Trivadrum and Kochi airport transfers
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Guided sightseeing as indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance and activity fees for the Periyar Reserve
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- All meals
- A full service trek including all equipment (excluding personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Indian Visa
- Tips for trek staff
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
- Optional elephant ride in Kumili
All meals are included, from lunch on Day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to breakfast on Day 13.
Throughout the trip, when staying in hotels and lodges, we will use a good standard of tourist class accommodation, with twin rooms. In addition to the 7 nights that we spend in hotels and lodges, there will be a single night in a houseboat or 'kettuvallom' on the Kerala backwaters. The boats we use have fully furnished twin-bedded rooms, as well as a balcony, sundeck and toilet and shower facilities. During our 4 nights camping, we will use spacious 2-person tents and the group will also have the use of a mess tent for dining and socialising. All accommodation is allocated on a twin sharing basis.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.