Sri Lanka Explorer
Sri Lanka, Discovery, 14 days - from £1,195 (land only) - from €1,675 (land only) - from $1,940 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking local driver / guide
- Single-timed group Airport transfers
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Guided sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers (other than single group transfers)
- Tips to local staff
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Optional tours and excursions
- Miscellaneous expenses - soft drinks and souvenirs etc.
All breakfasts and dinners are included in the holiday price from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 13. You will need to pay directly for all lunches. Dining out is not particularly expensive in Sri Lanka and we suggest a budget of £60 - £100 should adequatelly cover this.
Our first 4 nights will be spent at Pelwehera Village Resort, Dambulla, an eco friendly resort surrounded by beautiful gardens. In Kandy we will spend one night in a tourist class hotel. The following night will be spent at the Tamarind Garden a working farm on the banks for the Mahaweli Weewa, which is part of a community based project 'Live Like a Local'. Accommodation here will be in simple modern chalets in the design of a traditional fisherman's home, each with its own bathroom (but no hot water!). There will be simple amenities such as fans and mosquito nets. The following 2 nights will be spent in Bandarawela at a relaxing mountain inn with comfortable rooms and a lovely sunny beer garden! For our two nights in Tissamaharama we will use a tourist class hotel. To conclude the holiday we will enjoy 1 night at a comfortable beach resort and 1 night in a comfortable hotel in Katunayake, near to Negombo Lagoon, and Colombo (Bandaranaike) International Airport. All accommodation is on twin share basis. If you are travelling by yourself, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending on availability it may be possible to book a single room for some of the hotel nights. For additional hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.