Sri Lanka Tracks and Trails
Sri Lanka, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £1,295 (land only) - from €1,620 (land only) - from $2,265 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking local guide
- Single-timed Colombo Airport group transfer at the beginning and end of the trip
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Guided sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
- A full service when trekking including food and all equipment (not personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Colombo Airport transfers (other than group transfers)
- Tips for local staff
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - soft drinks and souvenirs etc.
All breakfasts and dinners are included in the holiday price from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 14. In addtion 3 lunches are provided during the hikes in the Knukles and the Namanukula. You will pay directly for other lunches. Dining out is not particularly expensive in Sri Lanka and we suggest a budget of £50 - £75 should adequately cover this.
The group will spend 2 nights near Sigiriya, in a hotel which comprises of a number of individual cottages, set in a large and landscaped garden area. There is a swimming pool, restaurant and all amenities at this hotel. The group will also spend 1 night at a tourist standard hotel in Kandy, 1 night in a simple guest house in Nuwara Eliya, 1 evening in a comfortable guesthouse prior to our early hours approach to Adam's Peak, 2 nights in Bandarawela at a relaxing mountain inn with comfortable rooms and a sunny beer garden, 2 nights at a beach hotel in Arugam Bay, 1 night in a tourist standard hotel in Tissamaharama, and our final night is spent at a comfortable hotel with swimming pool on Negombo Lagoon, which is close to Colobo Airport. While in the Knuckles Mountains we will also spend 2 nights in chalets with shared facilities (note that there is limited accommodation in the chalets and in some circumstances we may opt to use tents here). We will also spend 1 night in 'pilgrims' accommodation at the Monagarala temple. Accommodation here is in dormitories with a mattress on the floor and shared facilities. Although very simple, even austere, a stay here is all part of the cultural experience, living (for 1 day) as a Buddhist pilgrim. All accommodation is on twin share basis (except at the temple). If you are travelling by yourself, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending on availability it may be possible to book a single room for some of the hotel nights. For additional hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.