Sri Lanka Tracks and Trails
Sri Lanka, Trek & Walk, 14 days - from £1,395 (land only) - from €1,955 (land only) - from $2,260 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking local guide
- Single-timed Colombo Airport group transfer at the beginning and end of the trip
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Guided sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
- A full service when trekking including food and all equipment (not personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Colombo Airport transfers (other than group transfers)
- Tips for local staff
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - soft drinks and souvenirs etc.
All breakfasts and dinners are included in the holiday price from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 14. In addtion 3 lunches are provided during the hikes in the Knukles and the Namanukula. You will pay directly for other lunches. Dining out is not particularly expensive in Sri Lanka and we suggest a budget of £50 - £75 should adequately cover this.
The group will spend 2 nights near Sigiriya, in a hotel which comprises of a number of individual cottages, set in a large and landscaped garden area. There is a swimming pool, restaurant and all amenities at this hotel. In Kandy we will spend 1 night at a tourist standard hotel. For the 2 nights in the Knuckles mountains we will stay in simple chalets with shared facilities (note that these is limited accommodation in the chalets and in some circumstances we may opt to use tents, or the lodge dormitory here). We will spend 1 night in a simple hotel in Nuwara Eliya. The night before our early hours approach to Adam's Peak will be spent at a simple guest house. In Bandarawela we will stay at a relaxing mountain inn with comfortable rooms and a lovely sunny beer garden! On Day 9 we will stay at a simple guesthouse near to the Monaragala Monastery. At Arugam Bay we will spend 2 nights at a beach hotel. In Tissamaharama we spend a night in a tourist class hotel and our final night will be spent in a comfortable hotel in Katunayake, near to Negombo Lagoon, and Colombo (Bandaranaike) International Airport. All accommodation is on twin share basis. If you are travelling by yourself, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. Depending on availability it may be possible to book a single room for some of the hotel nights. For additional hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.