School Trek - Sri Lanka Tracks and Trails
Sri Lanka, School Expeditions, 14 days - from £1,695 (land only) - from €2,035 (land only) - from $2,795 (land only)
- A qualified UK KE Schools leader
- An experienced English-speaking local guide
- Colombo Airport group transfer at the beginning and end of the trip
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- All Meals
- Guided sightseeing and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
- A full service when trekking including food and all equipment (not personal equipment)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tips for local staff
- Miscellaneous expenses - soft drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included in the trip price from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 14.
The group will spend 2 nights near Sigiriya, in a hotel which comprises of a number of individual cottages, set in a large and landscaped garden area. There is a swimming pool, restaurant and all amenities at this hotel. The group has a total of 2 nights camping using 2-person tents. This will be in a natural campsite with minimal facilities. The group will also have: 1 night at a hotel in Kandy, where we use a good standard of hotel, 1 night in a simple guest house in Nuwara Eliya, 1 evening in a comfortable guesthouse prior to our early hours approach to Adam's Peak, 2 nights in Bandarawela at a relaxing mountain inn with comfortable rooms and a sunny garden, 1 night in 'pilgrims' accommodation at the Monagarala temple where accommodation is in dormitories, 2 nights at a hotel in Arugam Bay, 1 night in a hotel in Tissamaharama and our final night is spent at the Royal River Resort in Induruwa. Depending on availability it may be possible to book a single room for some of the hotel nights.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.