Samarkand and the Silk Road
Uzbekistan, Discovery, 14 days - from £1,195 (land only) - from €1,435 (land only) - from $1,970 (land only)
- A local English-speaking tour guide
- A single Tashkent Airport transfer at the beginning and end of the trip
- A total of 8 nights in hotel or guesthouse accommodation in Khiva Bukhara Samarkand and Tashkent
- Yurt accommodation in Yanghi-Gazgan and in Urazmat
- Homestay accommodation at Tekapoul Tarangay and in Zarafshan
- All meals are included as described in the meal plan
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for monuments and museums
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Uzbekistan visa fees
- Tips for local guides and support staff
- Fees for using a camera at some of the monuments
- Miscellaneous expenses - souvenirs and drinks etc
All meals are included in the trip price from breakfast on Day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to dinner on Day 13.
During this holiday the group will spend 2 nights in hotel accommodation in Khiva and 3 nights in guesthouse accommodation in Bukhara. We will then have 2 nights at different yurt camps, followed by 3 homestay nights at different villages in the Nurata and Zarafshan mountains. Please note that the sleeping arrangements in the yurts and homestays are communal, with up to 6 people sharing a room. Toilet and shower facilities are basic, but available in both yurts and homestays. Mattresses and bedding are also provided although we suggest everyone brings a light sleeping bag. The simplicity of arrangements is more than made up for by the warmth of the welcome from the local people. We then have 2 nights at a Samarkand guesthouse and 1 night at a hotel in Tashkent. The hotel and guesthouse accommodation is allocated on a twin-sharing basis and if you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. It is not possible to pre-book single rooms at any of the guesthouses used during this trip. You may be able to arrange a single room on arrival, depending on availability, and pay the difference to the trek leader.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.