Mount Ararat Climb - Turkey's Fabled Mountain
Turkey, Climbing, 10 days - from £1,395 (land only) - from €1,680 (land only) - from $2,330 (land only)
- An experienced English-speaking climbing guide
- A single timed group transfer from Istanbul Airport to the group hotel
- Internal flights and associated transfers
- All accommodation as described
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- All land transport
- Permit fee for Ararat climb
- Once on trek a full service including all meals
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers (other than the group transfers)
- Entrance fees to tourist sites and optional activities
- Tips for local staff
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All meals are included whilst on trek. In Istanbul there is a wide range of dining options and here it seems sensible to leave the choice of what to eat and the meal budget to you. We have therefore not included meals other than breakfasts while staying in Istanbul. There are also two free days in Dogubeyazit where we have left the choice of lunch with you. In practice this amounts to 3 dinners and 3 lunches that you will be expected to pay directly for. We estimate that you will need to bufget a total of 40 - 60 for these meals.
During this trip the group will spend 2 nights in comfortable hotel accommodation in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul, 2 nights in Dogubeyazit and 1 night in Van at comfortable tourist class hotels. There will be 4 nights camping during the climb on Mount Ararat. All accommodation is arranged on a twin sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. It is possible to hire a single tent while on trek for an additional cost. Please note single tent hire does not include single rooms in hotels. For the 5 hotel nights, single rooms are available for a supplementary cost. Additional hotel nights in Istanbul are also available. For Hotel prices and single supplement costs please refer to the dates and prices page of the trip on our website. Hotels are subject to availability and prices may vary.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.