The Ultimate Fann Mountains Trek
Tajikistan & Uzbekistan, Trek & Walk, 17 days - from £1,895 (land only) - from €2,560 (land only) - from $2,990 (land only)
- A KE leader
- A single Dushanbe Airport transfer at the beginning of the trip
- A single Tashkent Airport transfer at the end of the trip
- All land transport involved in the itinerary
- All accommodation as detailed in the trip dossier
- All meals are included
- A full trekking service with baggage transport by donkeys - a cook team - all food and all camping equipment (not personal equipment)
- Guided sightseeing in Samarkand
- Entrance fees for monuments and museums
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Uzbekistan and Tajikistan visa fees
- Tips for local guides and support staff
- Fees for using a camera at some of the monuments in Samarkand
- Miscellaneous expenses - souvenirs and drinks etc
All meals are provided, from breakfast on Day 1 of the Land Only itinerary to dinner on Day 16.
During this trip the group will have access to rooms at a local 3 star hotel in Dushanbe for a couple of hours on the first morning. There will also be 1 night in a local 3 star hotel in Tashkent, 2 nights in a guesthouse in Samarkand and 1 night in a guesthouse in Khujand. We will also use basic village guesthouse accommodation for 1 night in Guitan. Whilst on trek there will be a total of 11 nights camping. Hotel accommodation is allocated on a twin-sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex. It is possible to hire a single tent while on trek. (Single tent hire must be requested at least 8 weeks prior to departure and is dependent on availability. Please note single tent hire does not include single rooms in hotels). It is also possible to book single rooms at the hotel in Tashkent at the end of the trip, but please note we are not able to make arrangements for hotels and transfers in Dushanbe. It is not possible to arrange single rooms at any of the guesthouses or gites used during this trip where facilities are very basic and rooms are often dormitory style.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.