Bernese Oberland Haute Route - West
Switzerland, Trek & Walk, 8 days - from £1,295 (land only) - from €1,815 (land only) - from $2,100 (land only)
- Professional IFMGA qualified guide(s) on a 1:6 ratio
- Group mountaineering equipment
- All accommodation as described
- Meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- All transfers required by the itinerary (except airport transfers)
- All cable cars and uplift required by the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Miscellaneous expenses - drinks and souvenirs etc.
All breakfasts and all dinners are included in the holiday price. Packed lunches or hill-food can be bought in the huts. On some days there will also be the possibility of purchasing a late hot lunch when arriving at our overnight halt. We recommend you allow 20 CHF per day for packed lunches plus an additional 30 CHF per day for hot drinks and bottled water. Beer, wine and snacks are available in all the huts.
During this trip the group will have a total of 2 nights in simple hotels at the beginning and end of the holiday. Accommodation here is in twin rooms. If you are travelling on your own you will be paired with another single traveller of the same sex. Whilst in the mountains, there are 5 nights spent in mountain huts where accommodation is on a non-segregated, dormitory-style basis. In some high mountain huts, washing facilities are limited. Single rooms are not available.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.