Wild Tuscany - Italy
Italy, Trek & Walk, 8 days - from £1,045 (land only) - from €1,295 (land only) - from $1,750 (land only)
- The services of a qualified International Mountain Leader
- Single group transfers between Pisa Airport and the group hotel
- All accommodation as described in the trip dossier
- Meals according to the Meal Plan
- All transport required by the itinerary (excluding optional excursions)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Aiport transfers other than group transfers
- Some meals as detailed in the Meal Plan
- Tips for local staff
- Miscellaneous personal spending
All meals except lunch and dinner on the free day are included in the holiday price. This includes breakfast, picnic lunch, afternoon tea (when at the villa) and 2 course dinner with wine.
Our base for this week of walking in wild Tuscany is a refurbished farmhouse villa situated on a ridge overlooking the Serchio valley and surrounded by woodland and traditional Tuscan field terracing. The villa is located on a working farm with a small vineyard, olive grove, and orchard. The traditional Garfagnana stone farmhouse of exposed stone walls, chestnut beams and terracotta tiled roof, has very comfortable bedrooms with shared bathrooms and a cosy sitting room with a log burner for cool evenings. Guests also have free use of a hot tub and an open-air 12m x 6m swimming pool which is purified with salt rather than chlorine. The pool is surrounded by stone paving and has a range of wooden sunloungers and chairs. Meals are taken on a wisteria-clad dining terrace with huge rustic table and benches. All accommodation is based on twin share. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired with another solo traveller of the same sex. There are a limited number of single rooms available for a supplementary charge, depending on availability at the time of booking.
View Photo Gallery for images of the style of accommodation used.